Fine Art America

Monday, March 5, 2012

Hoots was a jolly fellow

The old time department store in Grandin was owned by Mr. and Mrs. B.
Early one morning Hoots went to buy some tobacco.

He greeted the white head bent over the desk. “Hello” he said.
“How’s yer hammer hangin’ this mornin’?”



Oh, Good Heavens! Instead of Mr. B it was the little old lady! Hoots was glad he was the only customer.

Embarrassed as he was, the little old lady didn’t know what that meant, anyway.


Clarence "Hoots" Willhite and Polly

The Little Black River Fire Truck

The Little Black River Fire Department was having a turkey shoot fundraiser. I was shooting the only long barrel shotgun. Not many people had ever seen one. After I won a package of meat, someone asked Marvin “Who is that old woman?”

Everyone that knew the truth laughed when Marvin answered, “Hell, I don’t know!”
"Hoots" was Marvin Willhite's father


PS: Hoots and Polly are my parents and Marvin is my older brother.



No comments: